Unheard Gamers Community
Please Login or Register a free account.

Do so, and become part of the fastest growing community! Getting acces to more than what you see here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unheard Gamers Community
Please Login or Register a free account.

Do so, and become part of the fastest growing community! Getting acces to more than what you see here!
Unheard Gamers Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with GM Xander

+5
Amon
Holly
yawn
Hugo
Natsuke
9 posters

Go down

Interview with GM Xander Empty Interview with GM Xander

Post by Natsuke Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Interview with GM Xander Xanderinterviewbanner

Gunz-Related

1) How is the hacking situation in Gunz at the moment? How are you guys dealing with it?

As of late we have been taking a more proactive approach. Before the focus has always been reactionary. Reacting to hack reports that users send in. We’re trying to take a more proactive approach. I can’t get too into the details obviously, but we are experimenting with some exciting new methods of tracking and banning hackers. We are of course still using player reports, in addition to the new methods.

Are there any expected outcomes?

The Future is always uncertain, but we’re doing everything in our power to make GunZ as hack free as we possibly can for our valued players.

2) What are the current plans for Ijji Gunz? Is there any big update which you guys are working on currently?

We’re negotiating with MAIET to come up with something really fresh and fun for our GunZ lovers. We’ll do our best to make the game more enjoyable and richer in content for all users.

3) Could you also provide some insight on Gunz 2?

Can’t comment much on this one. We’ve seen a few things from MAIET, we’ll be sure to keep you all informed when we have more information we can share.

4) Will there be any changes we can expect with regards to future Gunz Tournaments? Tournament gameplay, rules, prizes, etc?

It really depends on what users want. If there is enough support behind something we will definitely take it into consideration.

5) Are there currently any planned changes for the Gunz Item Shop?

Nothing major is planned at this point. I know a lot of you would like to see Unlimited Set pieces available again, that is something I have been discussing with the GunZ project manager. Can’t make any promises but I am fighting for what you guys want.

6) What are your thoughts on the massive amount of in-game name trading going on?

I’m not really a fan of the in-game name trading, too easy for people to get scammed. And I’m really not a fan of the hundreds of PMs I get from people asking me to free up character names lol. I don’t mind when its just a few, but when its that many its just overwhelming. I don’t have the time to go around doing that for everyone unfortunately. Sorry if you PMed me and didn’t get the name you wanted lol. I know there is a big demand for certain character names, and I know that a lot of good character names are taken by inactive accounts. We do have plans in the works to free up these inactive character names in the near future. I know I’ve mentioned this previously, but we did just recently get the ball rolling on this project. At a big site like ijji, there are always many things going on and a lot of the technical people responsible for such projects are already busy with other projects, so the scheduling can be a very complicated part of this job. Hopefully that helps shed some light on to why we can’t always get things done as quickly as we may like to.

7) Is Ijji doing anything about the problems people are facing with regards to the recently launched Reactor?

At IJJI we always want to try new things so as to remain on the forefront of online gaming evolution, as well as provide our users with better quality service. Of course progression comes with some costs and we can’t always avoid running into problems. Our intention with Reactor was to provide users a more seamless experience navigating between our various ijji games as well as easier troubleshooting with the auto-repair function, and more; but clearly the system is not perfect yet. As some problems only emerge as they go live, we can’t always find and fix them before launch. We are really sorry for causing issues for some of our users. If you want to help us continue improving reactor please voice your problems/frustrations to our CS team.

Last edited by Natsuke on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Natsuke
Natsuke

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • Counter Strike Source

https://www.youtube.com/iSpuffy

Back to top Go down

Interview with GM Xander Empty Re: Interview with GM Xander

Post by Natsuke Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Questions from players

8 ) With regards to the Item Shop, many players have been asking whether they will be able to purchase additional character slots in the future. Any reply to this?
If there is a big enough demand this is something we could definitely look into. I’m not sure what sort of logistical roadblocks we could run into trying to implement this. But yeah, if there’s enough demand I could see us doing something like this.

9) There are many players in Gunz now with high-level characters due to G15 powerleveling, auto-questing, and other powerleveling hacks. Why are they still not banned?

It’s always a step by step process. Since there are so many varied tactics and ways of leveling in GunZ, whether it be questing, Deathmatches, Clan War, leaving a DM with low health to avoid dying, It can be hard to track down and differentiate between legitimate users and those who are using 3rd party programs or other undesirable methods of leveling. We are making some progress and finding new ways to differentiate, but when taking action against a users account we want to be extremely certain that the information we are acting on is reliable and accurate. The worst thing we could do is ban an innocent user.

10) Would it be possible to create a program which is capable of auto-banning hackers?

Yes, in theory something like this would be possible. We are moving towards this type of system in certain ways already. Again, can't get too into the details but we are really serious about exploring different options available to us to combat hackers.

11) Is Ijji doing anything to prevent people from the abuse of underclocking?

Underclocking is a tricky topic. Clearly it has an effect on the way GunZ performs, but technically (at least to my knowledge) they are not breaking any rules by tinkering with their processor. We're open to suggestions to help combat this problem, but from a technical stand point they aren't really doing anything wrong. I don't think we as a game company can say "don't mess around with your processor". Of course, I could be wrong. I am not an expert at underclocking. We're open to suggestions if you guys have any.

12) Would it possible for Ijji to create a CW server for Asia?

If there is a enough demand, this is definitely something we could look into doing. We are actually working on restructuring the GunZ channels right now to be more user friendly, including areas for specific languages.

13) Would Ijji consider hosting more events with Premium Items up for grabs?

Yeah that’s definitely do-able, what kind of events would you guys like to see?

14) As for Gunz 2, how will the ping be like? If there is any ping in the first place?

Once again, can’t comment much of GunZ2 (although we’re really excited about the game).

Others

15) How long have you been working for Ijji as a manager and how did you start off your career? Were there any prominent obstacles along the way?

I have been working at ijji for close to 2 years now, and enjoying every day of it. I started off my “GM career” as a GM for World of Warcraft, believe it or not. I started there right around the release of the game, and that provided me with lots of good experience in the video game industry. I worked there for almost 2 years before moving on to IGN and then eventually I found my way here to ijji =) As with any job there are always obstacles to overcome. For me, one major obstacle has been trying to find the best way to champion your guys concerns and express them convincingly to the upper management. Sometimes its hard because what the players want and what the higher ups want don’t always match up. It can be tricky walking the line trying to please both the users as well as my bosses, whether they be here at ijji or at the development studio where the games are created, while getting yelled at by all lol. Well maybe not “Yelled at”, but you know what I mean haha. There's a lot of pressure from all sides to get things the way they want it. It can be a bit of a balancing act but it is also very rewarding.

16) What are your thoughts about the current Gunz community? Preferably both a positive and negative side?

Well like you said, there is definitely a positive and a negative side to all things, including the GunZ community. It’s really awesome and inspiring when I see users banding together and trying to improve the game and the community. I see a lot of good - people trying to help each other with leveling, creating a clan, questing, making FAQs or Walkthroughs or helping someone resolve a bug. I’ve met so many smart and helpful GunZ players that have really helped me out with a lot of issues, probably more than they know. Whether it be helping me gather information, walk me through how to reproduce a bug, or just answer a few questions for me or play in a GM event game with me. Basically I see a lot of users who really want to help contribute to make the GunZ community a fun place to spend time, and I really appreciate these users. Users like this make my job worth it. I also really love to see community sites like this flourishing. There is a lot of different types of threads and posters here, some helpful, some horrible lol, but one thing is clear. You guys definitely have a passion for GunZ: The Duel, and that is something I can definitely relate to. Keep it up GZF!

Some of the negative sides of things are obviously dealing with the griefers, hackers, account stealers, basically anyone who goes out of their way to ruin someone else's experience for whatever reason. Its very frustrating to see a handful of people try to ruin something for thousands of other players who are just trying to enjoy themselves and have some fun on a video game. What kind of sad/lonely individual devotes his personal time to ruining things for other people, and gets entertainment out of it? Imagine how much better a place the world would be if people stopped devoting so much time to tearing things down and used their obviously very intelligent and talented minds to help and improve things.

I also really wish the cruel, bullying, "ego" side of things would fade away a bit and make room for more friendly competition. Sometimes I know it feels like, “well why even bother, everyone else is so negative one person being nice and trying to help won’t make any difference” but I disagree with that logic. I’ll end this with interview with a quote that inspires me, hopefully it will inspire some of you reading this as well.

“I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do what I can”

Last edited by Natsuke on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Natsuke
Natsuke

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • Counter Strike Source

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 am

Very nice Nat . Nice ideas to post on the forum Smile your beast. jajajaja
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

http://www.unheardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuke Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Lawl i thanked u for that post.. was testing it out
xD
Natsuke
Natsuke

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • Counter Strike Source

Back to top Go down

Post by yawn Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:08 am

Nice interview. I'm kinda lazy to read it all and I just wanted to check how gunz 2 was goin'.

Once again, gj ;D
yawn
yawn

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape
  • Counter Strike Source

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:30 am

xico's beast Very Happy
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by yawn Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 am

Nah, Natsuke is 'cause of teh pro interview :b
yawn
yawn

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape
  • Counter Strike Source

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:29 am

No me !
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by Holly Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:25 am

I think hysturia should be kiked from admin

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

no relly i do
(EVIL)

Holly

This is what I play :
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Ahahaha Holly Razz xD
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by Amon Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Why did you rip the interview Yuna took his time to do?

http://www.gunzfactor.com/forums/f43/271300-interview_gm_xander.html

I really don't want to embarass you or anything but please put into consideration and always remember where you got the source from.

Yuna worked hard to do that interview.
Amon
Amon

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuke Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 pm

we all know where it came from, im just uploading it on here as not all of us read gunzfactor Smile
Natsuke
Natsuke

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • Counter Strike Source

Back to top Go down

Post by Amon Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding then.
Amon
Amon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenco Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:27 am

Ty for the info, very helpfull!! Laughing
Soo there will be a GUNZ The Duel 2, I cant wait cheers

The legend Exclamation
Lenco
Lenco

This is what I play :
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:52 am

Didn't you know it :p
Dwight
Dwight

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 am

LOL AMON REGISTERED HERE ? NICE JOKE.
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by luaedu Sat May 22, 2010 9:53 am

Ahaha for all the looks Gunz the duel 2 is gonna be pro xD santa
luaedu
luaedu

This is what I play :
  • World of Warcraft
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape
  • Counter Strike Source

http://www.metin2.com.pt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Sat May 22, 2010 10:37 am

If it comes out ...
Hugo
Hugo

This is what I play :
  • IJJI Gunz
  • RuneScape

Back to top Go down

Post by GM_Sexander Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:24 pm

Keyboard LaD Xander 65 35.791.184 8988082/87 (100%)

GM_Sexander

This is what I play :
  • World of Warcraft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum